Sunday, May 6, 2012

Moving on up, to the east side!

So it's official. I am leaving California the end of June/beginning of July. Starting summer school at ASU July 5th. It's been a constant back and forth figuring everything out, trying to get my classes situated, and coming up with a plan that will allow me knock out all of my pre-med courses without overwhelming myself and letting my grades slip. I think I finally have solidified everything. My initial goal was to try and finish my B.S. in 2 years. I think that is what caused me to have my freak out a couple weeks ago. There is no way I will be ready for my MCAT in one year. Realistically, I won't be able to take my MCAT for at least a year and a half at the very soonest. At that point I'll have missed the Fall of '14 application deadlines and would have to wait another year to apply anyway. So I figure, do it in 3 years. Save my sanity. Get better grades since I won't be stressing over having to double (or even triple) up my sciences and trying to remain competitive.

I just can't believe it's happening so soon. I did not expect to be leaving by the end of June! I thought I would at least be here until the summer. Funny how life throws you curve balls. I graduate from Citrus on the 16th, and my plan is to be in Phoenix sometime between the 23rd and 30th. I want to give myself ample time to become accustomed to the city, figure out how to get to all my classes, get my books...etc. But it's happening. This time last year when I started school I had a clear goal for the coming year. To know where I would be transferring and be in preparations for it. Well here we are. Goal #1 complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment