Saturday, May 12, 2012

Microbiology vs. Nutrition

Gah! I keep going back and forth on majors. I know that a major in Nutrition would be easy for me. I know it would be easy to maintain a high GPA in that major, and also it's a major I use every day. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am an advocate for proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle. However, there is something about Microbiology that keeps calling my name. I LOVED that class. Love, love love. Anything having to deal with diseases, bacteria, immunology, viruses, fungi...etc. I just LOVE! It's so interesting to me. It's like little miniature warfare. You wash your hands too much and bacteria that shouldn't be there can invade and take over and cause a staph infection. Then you gotta come in with your army of chemotherapeutics and ATTACK! My only concern is that, realistically, I am not that smart. I know it will take a lot of work for me to complete a degree in Microbiology and maintain my current 3.8 GPA. What is appealing, is that I feel a high (or even a 3.4/3.5) GPA in Microbiology might make me a more competitive Medical School applicant than a high GPA in Nutrition. I guess I will wait until the 25th when I meet with my academic advisor at ASU and see what they suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment