Thursday, May 17, 2012

Baby We Were Born To Run!

Another exam down. It was actually easy. I hate when they do that to you. I hate when you study your butt off and they go easy on you! But hey, I'll take what I can get! I'm trying to get myself up to exercise, but I am EXHAUSTED! I drank four cups of coffee last night and slept maybe two hours. I have to stop doing this. I met with a friend last night to study and we both mentioned how after every exam we say that the next exam is going to be the one we are prepared for. The next exam is the exam we are going to study every night for. The truth of the matter is, I do study almost every night. It's just that nothing sticks unless I'm in high stress mode. Go figure.

I was also talking to my supplemental instruction leader (who is now a music major), about how I feel everyone going into high stress majors should have performance experience. Really, learning how to audition and my musical/theatrical past has really helped me prepare for an exam. It's really no different. You rehearse and practice before an audition or a big performance. When it comes time to your performance, you throw that all out the window and just let everything flow right out of you. The same goes for taking an exam. You study as much as you can and try to understand/grasp the material. Once you walk in to take the exam, you take a deep breath and let the information flow out of you. At least this is how I approach an exam. I am thankful I have learned how to control my nerves under high stress situations. I see a lot of people not doing as well as they should in my courses simply due to not being able to relax and perform under pressure.

As of today there are 3 weeks left of instruction before finals. This semester has gone by at light speed. Is this what it feels like to get older? Time just passes by with the snap of a finger? Maybe this semester went by so fast because I've had to deal with the transfer, moving and all that. I don't know. I just can't believe I only have 3 weeks left!

I'm ready to move onward and upward!




No comments:

Post a Comment