Thursday, May 10, 2012

AAMC expects 30% medical school enrollment increase


The news just keeps getting better and better for me. First, I read about 3-year accelerated programs for students interested in Family Practice, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine...etc. Next, I read that enrollment is set to increase about 30%. Which will boost the 4% admission rate to about 6%. (I'm not sure on exact numbers, but I know they are very low) Still! Any increase is positive and boosts my chances of admittance. Sometimes I stop in amazement to think that I am going to be a Doctor. I'm not anywhere near achieving the goal, but I'm on my way. As long as I keep focused and committed, I will get there.

This is a photo of me catching the bouquet at my friends Nathan & Monica's wedding. Which is actually a funny story. The bouquet fell in that pool of water you see in the photo. So being logical me, I ran around the perimeter of the pool to pull it out of the water. Well, I don't know how but I slipped. Then as i tried to compose myself, I fell backwards in the pool and flashed everyone. Once I got up and processed what had happened, I had forgotten about the bouquet. Then I saw it still in the pool, but at this point there was another girl closer to it and ready to grab it. At this point, I was in the pool. There was no way I was going to let anyone grab that thing being that I was already soaked and in the pool. The bouquet was mine out of principal! So I snatched it! Probably one of the funniest moment of my life and hopefully a funny memory for both Nathan and Monica.

Apparently catching the bouquet means I'm supposed to be married in about a year, according to a friend of mine. To quote his exact words, "have fun now, because you are sure to be married in a year." To which I simply say "HAH!"



No comments:

Post a Comment