Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Drum Crazy


I love this scene from Easter Parade. My two favorite past times combined into one. I remember when I was at AMDA everyone in my tap class hated me. Well, they didn't hate me. But I do think it got annoying how I had very minimal tap dancing experience and would pick up on everything right away. Tap dancing is no different than drumming. It's rhythm you are playing with your feet. You have triplets, and double time. I would have loved to have gotten really good at it, I just never pursued it once I left AMDA. I can still do a really good triple time step though. :)

I'm getting into the grind of things. There are only about 6 weeks left of school. Next week I have my last Physiology midterm, followed by my 2nd to last lab practical the following week. After that I'll have a couple weeks to study up for finals. That 'A' on my lab practical really puts me in a good spot, I don't have to stress as much as I usually am at this point in the semester. I still need to work hard, but I don't need to kill myself to pull off my A in the class. All I need is a 'B' in lecture if I maintain my 'A' in lab. It's a good feeling. I don't think I've ever been in such a good position when it comes to my Sciences. Usually, at the end of the semester I am studying myself to the bone to pull off an A on my Final Exams just so that I can pull an A in the course. Honestly, I don't know how I've been able to maintain a 4.0 GPA in my Sciences. It was definitely by the skin of my teeth. But hey, an 'A' is an 'A', and I'll take whatever kind of 'A' I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment