Saturday, April 28, 2012

Education


Ok. So I had a freak out earlier this week. It happened and I am not going to deny or defend it. I've been doing a lot of reflecting and I've noticed some patterns in my life. Every time I've ever gone through a transition in my life, I've gone through some sort of freak out. However, every transition has lead to something amazing. And yes, I was terrified before/during every phase ,but I did it and great things happened. So I'm just looking to my past as a guide towards the future. I knew what I was in for when I started and just like anything, if I focus on how hard it is and how I don't think I'll survive then I wont survive. I'm taking it for what it is. Exam by exam. And if I have to work harder than everyone to get to med-school then so be it. In music I always said it's not talent that will get you far; but rather the passion, desire, and motivation to get there. I believe the same is true in the scholastic sense. There are those who are superbly intelligent. There are people who can read a book in two hours and memorize the whole thing. I'm not that person. I just have to remind myself that getting 100% on exams doesn't make you a good Doctor. A good Doctor is someone who genuinely cares for, listens to, and empathizes with their patients. It's hard. It's going to get harder. I just have to keep focused and determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment