Monday, June 4, 2012

How did it take me 27 years to discover the blues? I'm not a fan of Chicago blues or really anything with an electric guitar. However, I do love the simplicity and honesty of Memphis and Mississippi Delta Blues. After spending so much time in music, you start to realize that everything is trying to sound like someone else. Everyone is trying to fill a niche and nothing has any integrity or honesty anymore. I've found myself looking to older music rather than trying to discover "new" music. There is a wealth of music out there that I haven't even begun to tap into. Musical discoveries still get me as excited as they did back when I was 12 years old. Once a musician, always a musician. :)

This is the last week of instruction for me at Citrus and the first round of finals (lab practicals and what not). I'm both excited and sad. I've spent the past 16 months in the same lecture hall and now its over. I'm moving on up and shipping out! Now hopefully I can get an A on my last Physiology practical tomorrow...So far I'm 2 for 2. Let's make it 3 for 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment