Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happiness Is All The Rage

Today was the quintessential southern California day. It was sunny and a beautiful 65-70 degrees. Sadly, I spent most of my day studying Pre-Calc and Physiology. It's amazing how much time passes when your studying and how little material you actually cover.

While I was putting off my studies today, I decided to complete one more college application. I now am in the process of finishing my application to UNLV. I think this should be my last one. With this one complete I will be looking at 4 applications. Currently, my ASU application is complete. I believe USF and DePaul University in Chicago are pending on my Citrus transcripts, and now I have UNLV that's in the works. Applying to college is so much work. I never knew all the steps involved and all the documentation entailed. I went to three different post-secondary institutions and have had to request official transcripts from all three, not to mention High School transcripts. Then there's the FAFSA, and all the financial aid documentation that comes along with that. Not to mention the application fee of $20-$60 dollars. This whole time I thought you just submitted an application, a transcript, and were done with it. I heard it's a good idea to apply to at least 30 Med-Schools when you're submitting applications, I can only imagine how much time and money that must cost. Well, thank goodness I have about 2-3 years before I have to go through that process!

On a side note, I really wanted to post this song by the promise ring. I felt as though it was the perfect soundtrack to such a beautiful, sun filled day. This song always makes me happy, I hope it will make you happy as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment