Friday, March 9, 2012

When It Rains It Pours!

Today I received my admissions packet from DePaul University in Chicago. So far i'm 2 for 3, with my USF application still pending a letter of recommendation. I honestly did not believe I would get into any school this semester with my awful academic past. I guess it just goes to show that hard work pays off. While I haven't reached my goal of straight A's, a 3.8 average in the year I've been back is still pretty good. I hope I can maintain that as I move to the next level where I will take all of my pre-med requirements.

This is really exciting. My whole life I never thought I was too smart. Now, I've realized I'm still not very smart. Honestly, I'm kind of a ditz. I just have a strong, diligent work ethic. When I have a goal, I have tunnel vision in achieving that goal. This is the number one trait that I believe has lead me to all my amazing life experiences. I am not the smartest person in the world and I'm definitely not the most talented. I think Conan said it best on his last episode of The Tonight Show, "If you work hard, and you are kind, amazing things will happen for you."

I hope everyone can realize that there is nothing holding us back from achieving our wildest dreams other than ourselves and our own insecurities. If you would have told me 10 years ago I would be admitted to 2 competitively ranked universities as a Science/Pre-Med major I would have laughed and said "yeah, whatever." But here I am. Diligently working away, semester by semester. I can say with utmost confidence that in approximately 6-7 years, I will be a Dr. Vanessa Guzman M.D.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment