Saturday, March 10, 2012

We should be smarter



I Love Jawbreaker


It's very rare these days I find a band that actually inflicts some sort of emotion in me. I remember as a kid I would go to shows and come home inspired to play music. Not the case any more. Now I go to shows and I'm happy I left that scene. But every now and then I will hear a song or a band and miss it (once in a rare while). Today for some reason I began to miss music. Maybe it's the beautiful weather. Or maybe you can take the girl outta punk rock, but you can't take the punk rock outta the girl. No matter what, this is how I grew up and what I will always identify myself with. Even if I wear Calvin Klein cardigans and BCBG dresses now. I still associate and relate to the kids with the pink hair and torn fishnets. In my History of Rock and Roll class I made it a point to sit next to the crust punk kid with Aus rotten and Iron Maiden patches on his jean jacket with the sleeves cut off DIY style. I started asking him if he liked certain bands and he looked at me amazed that I knew some of the bands he liked. When he asked me how I knew of these bands I informed him that I was just like him at his age. I said "I used to dress just like you. Pink hair, patches on my jacket and everything." He looked at me in shock like I had just murdered someone and exclaimed, "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!!" I couldn't help but be amused. Funny how we grow up and change so drastically. This kid also told me that "he was going to stay like that forever." I just nodded, and in my mind thought "we will see."


Check out the crazy things I used to do to my hair!









No comments:

Post a Comment