Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DIY

I finished my first term at ASU. I'm just hoping I got an A. I never know. I always freak out and think I failed. This time is no exception.

As soon as I finished my final, I went straight to Home Depot and bought all my DIY supplies for my apartment renovation. I painted my bathroom red, I just need some wall paper for one wall. I also refurbished a mirror that my friend gave me. I used a spray bottle filled with water followed by black spray paint to give it a splatter effect. Lastly, I made some rad coasters. Check 'em out!


I used $.14 cent tile and spray painted two of them black. The other two I used card stock, pasted it on and then painted on a coat of polyurethane. They came out pretty cool for my first try if you ask me. I'd like to make 4 more so I have a set for my dinner table, and a set for the coffee table. I'm also realizing these might make awesome gifts for Xmas since I am now an official broke student. Fun times.

Tomorrow I begin to paint my living room. Excited to finally get this apartment rolling. I'd been so busy with school I haven't been able to do anything creative.

Also, I'm going back home to California on Thursday. So excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment